How To Blend Colored Pencils Video Tutorial
In this quick video tutorial I will show you how to blend coloured pencils with paint thinner.
Watch the tutorial video
HELPFUL TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN USING PAINT THINNER
- Use an odourless paint thinner like Mona Lisa Odorless Paint Thinner.
- Use oil or wax based coloured pencils like Faber-Castell Polychromos or Caran D'ache Luminance pencils.
- Draw at least four or five layers of coloured pencil before blending with paint thinner, otherwise the paint thinner won't have much of an effect.
- Keep a light hand when drawing your first layers of coloured pencil, otherwise you will damage the tooth of the paper too soon and you won't be able to put on as many layers.
- Always keep the lid of the paint thinner bottle closed when you are not using it. Keep the bottle out of reach of children and pets.
Here is also an infographic of how to use paint thinner to blend coloured pencils:
Thank you for checking out this tutorial. I hope you found it helpful! To make sure you don't miss any future tutorials, please sign up to my fantasy art mailing list. I share art tips, inspiration and new art every week.